Dallas-Fort Worth is fourth in the nation’s largest metropolitan areas. This means that there are a lot of people and even more traffic. There are also hundreds of buildings along the roads. This is excellent news if you need to have easy access to jobs, shopping, and entertainment. It can be difficult to get away from the city if you want to feel that way.
The metroplex is largely made up of densely populated areas and suburban areas. It’s difficult to find large open spaces. You will need to travel a little to escape the city and feel as though you are in an old-fashioned small town. But it’ll be well worth it. These cities can be found within an hour of DFW but feel hundreds of miles away.
Granbury is the perfect place to escape from the city. Granbury Lake is the main attraction of the town. You can spend the day there and take in the Texas sun.
Granbury homes for sale are affordable. There’s something for everyone. Average home prices are about $250,000, with luxury estates on large lots starting at $120,000 and ending at $700,000. You will find beautiful waterfront communities, gated neighborhoods, and homes in the city. This makes it affordable for everyone.
This small, rural community is located 35 miles southwest of Fort Worth. You’ll feel far away from the city.
Points of interest
* Historic Granbury Square was Texas’s first historic square to be listed on the Historic Register. It is well-maintained and features historic architecture, which provides the backdrop to over 60 boutiques, restaurants, as well as historic exhibits.
* Revolver Brewing Co.: This beer can be purchased throughout Dallas-Fort Worth, but their headquarters are located in Granbury. On Saturday nights, live music is provided by the brewery.
* Hood County Jail Museum – This museum is located on the original site of Hood County’s jail. It was operational from 1885 to 1978. The museum is open to the public and is available for tours. You will find original jail cells on the second floor, as well as entertaining guides.
Decatur is a small, rural community located about 40 miles north of Fort Worth. Downtown Dallas is 32 miles away.
You don’t need to be in a more populated area to get away from it all. Decatur is still home to many charming, independent businesses and cheap land.
Points of interest
Wise County Heritage Museum is a wonderful place to learn about the history of this region. The guides are friendly and knowledgeable, and you can take a guided tour. This historic building, which dates back to 1892, is one of the most prominent in North Texas.
* Trinity Street Coffee Bar – This coffee shop is much more popular than any major corporate chain. They offer alcoholic beverages as well as a variety of coffees, such as the rosemary lavender latte.
* Rooster’s Roadhouse: This casual, home-style restaurant is right next to the Trinity Street Coffee Bar at Decatur Square. Here you’ll find Texas cowboy food like barbecue and hamburgers. Although it is somewhat of a dive bar, you will still enjoy the simple and delicious food. You can enjoy a great view of the square from the second floor.
Celina, a small town halfway between Downtown Dallas & the Oklahoma border, is an excellent choice for those who want to buy or rent a home. Celina is approximately 45 minutes from Downtown Dallas with good traffic. The main road (State Highway 289), which is still small in Celina, is currently being expanded to include six lanes.
Here, life is tranquil and we celebrate old Texas values.
Celina has a small claim to fame: it is the only high school with a football program that is extremely successful, winning an unprecedented 68 games consecutively.
Points of interest
* Eden Hill Winery – Celina is known for its small wine scene, where Texas grapes are used to make the wines. For wine tastings or tours, reservations are required.
Cherry’s Antiques is a shop that sells vintage Texas collectibles. It’s located just one block from the Celina downtown square. This family-owned shop has over 1,800 square feet filled with constantly changing antiques, collectibles, and other items.
* Tender Smokehouse BBQ – You could make a tour that only visits the best barbecue joints in Texas. This place is one worthy addition to that list. Although they only offer five types of meat, the meats offered are exceptional. Wagyu brisket is one example.
Weatherford is located 25 miles west of Fort Worth. Here you will find simple, small-town values that are still common in big cities. You may fall in love here with the slower pace of living.
According to our Weatherford, Texas housing transaction data, November is the best month to list your Weatherford home. It usually takes 3 months to close on a home. Therefore, listing your Weatherford house in August could result in 6.23% more than the annual average.
You will find a wealth of historical buildings, including more than 60 from the turn of the century.
Point of interest
* Chandor Gardens is Weatherford’s top tourist attraction. You can explore the beautiful, 3.5-acre English gardens at your own pace. You should also visit the Chandor Mansion, an exceptional example of ancient and ornate Chinese architecture.
Clark Gardens: Another spot where you can see nature at its best. This 50-acre sanctuary is home to many local birds, and is accessible for wheelchair users. The facility is usually closed in winter, but they are open year-round on March 1. They are also dog-friendly, so make sure you clean up after your pet.
* Ginza Japanese French Cuisine: This restaurant offers a unique blend of international cuisines in the small-town setting of Weatherford. Here you can enjoy authentic ramen and sushi, as well as sashimi or sushi.
Justin is just a few miles from the Texas Motor Speedway. However, the small town boasts miles upon miles of wooded terrain. Justin, with only 3,246 people, is a great place to call home if you don’t want your surroundings crowded.
Justin, which is located in Denton County, can be considered an outer-ring suburb to Fort Worth. The area is part of the rapidly growing Northwest ISD so it may not be quiet forever.
Points of interest
* Justin Discount Boots: This premier outfitter in North Texas for western wear is where people travel from all over the country to find great prices on cowboy boots. This megastore is located just north of Texas Motor Speedway and has three locations to fulfill all your cowboy dreams.
* Richard Petty Driving Experience – If you ever wanted to experience what it’s like being a NASCAR driver, then this is the opportunity for you. You can drive a NASCAR racecar at Texas Motor Speedway with no instructor or other drivers, or you can ride along if that’s more your thing.
Margarita’s Mexican is a family-owned Mexican restaurant that’s a must-visit. It’s located on FM 156 and gets rave reviews from locals. This popular Texas restaurant is always packed.
Murphy, one of Collin County’s wealthiest counties, is a small but affluent community that provides a great escape from the hustle and bustle of Plano and Frisco. Murphy is located two miles from the Southfork Ranch which was also featured on “Dallas” in 1980.
Murphy is more suburban than country. However, Murphy is close enough to all the amenities you need and yet also surrounded by open space. They want to preserve the city’s small and intimate feel, limiting building lots.
Points of interest
* Southfork Ranch – If you are familiar with “Dallas”, you will enjoy this tour. Today, the original ranch featured in the series is preserved and the tour guides are knowledgeable and friendly about the show.
* Breckinridge park: This park is great for enjoying the outdoors. You’ll find friendly people there at all times of the day. This place is great for your family, whether you are looking to bring your dog or your children, or simply spend time enjoying the outdoors. Fishing, kayaking, and hiking are all possible on the pond.
* The Backyard Murphy: The Backyard is the best place to go if you’re hungry. Enjoy down-home favorites like pulled pork sandwiches and brisket hamburgers as well as ice-cold beer. You can also enjoy games such as giant blocks and Connect Four outdoors, which are great for everyone.